Preview English Discoveries Online
- Advanced Internet/Intranet Teacher Management System
- Comprehensive teacher implementation tools, including Teacher’s Guide, Lesson Plans and Workbook
- Authoring Tool to create lessons which integrate with the EDO interface
- Over 1,200 learning hours, comprised of 4 parts ranging from entry-level to advanced, 11 modules total
- Fully customized learning paths, including a placement test and exit tests for each module
- Bilingual audio dictionary featuring over 17,000 vocabulary items
- Adaptive streaming video over advanced Internet technology
- Tools for easy tracking and reporting of student progress
- Teaches web literacy as part of the English learning curriculum
- Community Internet site constantly updated with current themes
English Discoveries Online consists of nine courses at Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Level. Each course is comprised of approximately eight topic-based units providing over 800 hours of learning. Each unit covers the skills of Listening, Reading, Speaking, Grammar and web literacy.
Each unit is made up of a broad range of materials guaranteed to motivate students, including articles on topical issues, full-screen video, radio broadcasts and animations. Each activity is accompanied by a generous number of exercises designed to give students practice in the target language.
Within each learning area there are a range of online tools designed to provide students with the pedagogical support needed to effectively and independently work in that learning area, for example, the audio version of written texts, translations, dictionary and visual aids.